Which fish do you enjoy watching the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Which fish give you the most pleasure in terms of habits and behaviour?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's a tough one !
Love my Cories. Always busy. Like puppies with fins ;) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418806426.454224.jpg

I'm mesmerized by my CPDs. Mine dart in an out of cover. They are shy, but if I sit still they will start chasing each other.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418806458.756983.jpg
And I'll stare at my Scarlet Badis for hours. They are such deliberate wee hunters, stalking about the tank. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418806483.142831.jpg

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boesemani rainbows. I just got the fish yesterday. While everyone else was timid and checking things out they were all right out in the open zipping about, playing in the current, coming right up to the glass when I approached it. When I threw a little food in there they were the only ones to go after it and they were mauling those little pellets.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418819064.057366.jpg cong tetras. They are beautiful, very active, the tank always looks busy. They need a 55 gallon tank I think because they are on the large side. I also love pearl gourami and honey gourami, very graceful and deliberate in their behavior.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice. Good picture to show the difference between the males and the females which are the 2 smaller plain looking ones at the top of the picture.

I really enjoy my elephant nose, had him for over 3 years and never get bored of him. He's very personable and always out and about. 1418821105052.jpg

55 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

I know they've become pretty cliche in the aquarium world, but I just really love Neon Tetras. It always just amazes me that such bright little things are real.

_________
Yelling into the tin can from the far end of the string

Green spotted puffers. Like little blimps always on the move.

I agree with coursair, I'm really digging the hierarchy of the cpds. Theyve really come out of the shell.. out in front all the time now, picking and chasing.. harmless of course.. and their is always my beloved dwarf cichlids which will always be the starts of my setup(s)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would say my convict or pseudotropheus aurora. Cichlids in general are interesting to me because they're so intelligent and almost remind me of dolphins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love watching my Angels, they seem to move without effort, also my peppered corys until my s. Petricola come out and they are like royalty, with their pure white edged fins.......

My favs to watch are scarlet badis, pygmy corys and rainbow fish. I love to watch the rainbows eat and they follow me from one side of the tank to the other which is fun.

Corydoras catfish, I agree like puppies:angel:, I think that's what they want me to think:lol:

My favorite would have to be my Bolivian Rams, they just have such good personality for a fish.

In my tank, it's my Blue Rams. Always there to greet me/beg for food, and they're nearly eating out of my hand now.

In other people's tanks, discus.

My kissing gourami, since he's the only one who is diurnal, followed by my snails.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

my clown loaches. They swim in crazy formations and patterns, at the front of the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Was my dwarf puffer, so awesome! The way that they death stare at snails before they suck the life out of them! (Literally lol) Also, I have to hand it to my Cories, always foraging in and around plants, looking for extra leftover morsels! As for the meanest fish, I gotta say dwarf crayfish, always nipping fins!

Nils

Back
Top Bottom