Which fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw this small fish about 2 inches or probably little long than two inches in a tank and they don't know its name. It was usually swimming on surface for as long I was there.

1490403562300.jpg

1490403579256.jpg

Pictures are not clear as it was not staying at one place and I didn't have the luxury to be more comfortable and take pictures with ease.

Any ideas which fish is this?

Golden panchax aka golden wonder killifish

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks a lot. Yes u nailed it. So can I keep one or two with Angelfish?

Noo, Google them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok thanks. I only asked because I see them with three Angles in tank.

Now that I know you are an adult (declared your age, and you have a smart phone), You can literally search anything... determine anything..

Now that I know you are an adult (declared your age, and you have a smart phone), You can literally search anything... determine anything..

Thanks that u "Now" understand I am an adult. Just because I don't share an opinion in one thread?

Yes I can Google and because of that I made many blunders. I am here in a group to get help and if I had to Google only than I don't need a forum.

I believe this forum is to help each other no? I did Google but read two opinions. Some say there Golden wonder killifish is fine with Angelfish and some say they may nip fins of Angels and some say Angels chase there Killifish.

That is why I ask here always to learn from experience of you experienced aquarists.

I seen people keeping goldfish witj parrot fisn even and so many inappropriate combinations and I come here to learn. Google only won't serve that purpose.

Google really is your best friend in this hobby, I've googled fish while I'm still in the store and it's saved me a lot of heartache lol

Google really is your best friend in this hobby, I've googled fish while I'm still in the store and it's saved me a lot of heartache lol

Sir, yes I agree. Google is great but as I said I Google but there are sometimes different opinions.

1490408242245.jpg

1490408250526.jpg

One says peaceful and one says semi aggressive and same goes for discussion and experience of people like some have no problem at all but some have bad experience.

Come here to ask latest and new experience from u guys.

One says peaceful and one says semi aggressive and same goes for discussion and experience of people like some have no problem at all but some have bad experience.

Come here to ask latest and new experience from u guys.

In my experience, what you found shows two things. One, that fish may or may not work in the setup and two, it is a fish that if it doesn't work out you'd need to prepare a backup plan for. You will always get a few different opinions on whatever topic you research, I go by the general consensus of what various articles and even other forums questioners and see what their experience was, decide if I could deal with potential issues, and go from there.

The smaller killis I've kept were nasty. Angels can be nasty, that much attitude in a small tank will be problematic.

I don't do angels, but have had several species of killies over the years. They aren't normally aggressive, except at feeding time, when they'll actively chase other, and even larger fish away from food at the surface. Probably not a good match for angels.

Idk, it kinda looks like an arowana to me. It's mouth is up pretty high, obviously for swimming near the surface, but come to think of it, arowanas have pretty obvious scales. But otherwise everyone is right, some sort of killifish

In my experience, what you found shows two things. One, that fish may or may not work in the setup and two, it is a fish that if it doesn't work out you'd need to prepare a backup plan for. You will always get a few different opinions on whatever topic you research, I go by the general consensus of what various articles and even other forums questioners and see what their experience was, decide if I could deal with potential issues, and go from there.

The smaller killis I've kept were nasty. Angels can be nasty, that much attitude in a small tank will be problematic.

I don't do angels, but have had several species of killies over the years. They aren't normally aggressive, except at feeding time, when they'll actively chase other, and even larger fish away from food at the surface. Probably not a good match for angels.

Idk, it kinda looks like an arowana to me. It's mouth is up pretty high, obviously for swimming near the surface, but come to think of it, arowanas have pretty obvious scales. But otherwise everyone is right, some sort of killifish
Thanks a lot guys for ur valuable replies. I just loved that fish. Tank size is perfect for him but I see the problem here is both Angels and killi have aggression so it might get bad. Thanks for ur suggestions. Helped me a lot.

No problem. This hobby is constantly evolving and we are always learning new things, when I started cycling was new, watts and inches per gallon were still a thing, heck I was even in a forum where the people for aquadvisor asked US for help lol. I always read and try to learn from other people's mistakes to avoid my own, but sometimes life happens :)

In my experience the golden wonder killifish will practically eat anything they can fit into their mouth. So keep it well fed. However You shouldn't have a problem keeping them with angels.

No problem. This hobby is constantly evolving and we are always learning new things, when I started cycling was new, watts and inches per gallon were still a thing, heck I was even in a forum where the people for aquadvisor asked US for help lol. I always read and try to learn from other people's mistakes to avoid my own, but sometimes life happens :)

Thanks. The fish I saw were housed with ANGELS and NEON TETRAS. I believe neons will be his meal when he grows up. For now I don't see it can eat neons because he himself is small.
In my experience the golden wonder killifish will practically eat anything they can fit into their mouth. So keep it well fed. However You shouldn't have a problem keeping them with angels.

Pretty sure it's a Panchax. I had no idea what it was but then I realised I had kept one ages ago in a livebearer tank. It was stange, I thought it was a livebearer lol

Back
Top Bottom