Which flake is the best, or among the best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good, thank you for your help!

I have ordered the New Life Spectrum Community Fish Formula 300 grams from BigAl's. This can last 2-3 years. I will store it properly to keep fresh.

Today I received the New Life Spectrum Community Fish Formula pellets and tried it. To my surprise, my spoiled platies, guppies, dwarf gourami do not like it. They eat and spit and leave it alone. What to do with 300 grams of it? I should try with small amount first. Also, the packaging is not so good, when open the cap, it open the seal too. So I don't know it was opened already or not. And, it sinks to bottom right away.

Compare with the TetraMin Tropical Granules currently using, my fish like it more than NLS and it won't sink quickly.

Sorry to hear that. If I hadn't just purchased another container of it I would buy it from you.

Normally I feed my fish 2-3 times a day. Today I don't feed them until evening. But my fish still do not show much interests on NLS. I will give them a choice, eat or starve. Hope they will develop a taste on it. Then I can return with more varieties.

The pellets is 1mm. Maybe I should buy Small Fish Formula which is 0.37mm for my small fish. Since all pellets sink to bottom, my panda cories are busy on it. Hope they like it.

Aquarium Freak said:
I use colour bits for all my tanks and there colouring is awesome and they are all little fatties. You should feed other foods to and not just flakes. In my experience fish tend to prefer a diet of flakes, crumbles, sinking pellets, blood worms, brine shrimp, peas, zuchini and lettuce the best.
HTH

my fish are on an exclusively flake food diet simply because they won't eat anything else. i've tried brine shrimp, blood worms, sinking pellets, zucchini and peas and they won't touch any of it.

i just keep 4 or 5 different flakes so they're getting variety.

My spoiled fish do eat any kinds. They eat flakes, pellets/granules, brine shrimp, blood worms, sinking wafer, shrimp pellets, algae wafer, tubifex worms, vegies, etc. They just do not show interest in NLS and I hope they will.

I feed mine Nutrafin Max Tropical fish food.

I has wondering is feeding shrimp pellets is bad for my community tank? I have 2 dwarf gouramis, 1 sunset gourami, 1 clown loach, 1 bristlenose plec, a couple guppies, and about 15 ghost shrimp. I tried the shrimp pellets but all the fish ignore them except the ghost shrimp! Is this considered cannibalism? lol. Shouldn't my clown loach be eating these?
Also if a fish does decide to like the pellets and love the taste for shrimp will my ghost shrimp be in danger?

Back
Top Bottom