Which is better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking for a bottom Feeding fish that will eat the food my GBRs and krib dont eat. (they miss alot of food but then notice that there being fed and gobble up the rest at the top.)
I have them in a 20 gallon long and was thinking kuhli loaches or corie cats. But im not sure which one would do a better job...

Thanks!

4-6 Cory's. cant go wrong with them. Peaceful and look great schooling/playing together. I'm sure you know they need to be at least 4 in a group

Do some research and find a cory species you like, can afford and is the size you prefer. Some get to be fair sized, some are tiny, most in between. Many are costly, but the common ones are not. Albino ones are common and show up nicely.
Six or seven is a good number, with one male to 2 females, more or less. They will spend more time out where you can see them with their own kind for company. But don't expect them to eat everything left over, they are not garbage men. They should get sinking pellets or algae tabs. For cleanup, what you need is a snail.
I like Nerites, they cannot reproduce in fresh water.. their eggs won't hatch, and they are great cleaners. Mystery snails are also very, very good for cleaning up leftovers, and they lay eggs out of water, so easy to control reproduction too.

Do some research and find a cory species you like, can afford and is the size you prefer. Some get to be fair sized, some are tiny, most in between. Many are costly, but the common ones are not. Albino ones are common and show up nicely.
Six or seven is a good number, with one male to 2 females, more or less. They will spend more time out where you can see them with their own kind for company. But don't expect them to eat everything left over, they are not garbage men. They should get sinking pellets or algae tabs. For cleanup, what you need is a snail.
I like Nerites, they cannot reproduce in fresh water.. their eggs won't hatch, and they are great cleaners. Mystery snails are also very, very good for cleaning up leftovers, and they lay eggs out of water, so easy to control reproduction too.

Ok thanks i will get a mystery snail and 5 peppered cories next week!

Well i have to say that looks alittle too sharp to me, some of your gravel actually look quite big too. Unless its extremely fine gravel, i believe that sand is really a must for cory whiskers theyre just too delicate.

Back
Top Bottom