which is better for 65 gallon tank? Angelfish, Severum or Silver Dollars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 65 gallon tank (36"L x 18"W x 24"H)

I currently have:
2 Angelfish
2 Pearl Gourami
6 corydoras
8 rummynose tetra

I would like to add another 2 angelfish, OR, 1 gold severum, OR, a small school of silver dollars.

Need advice please. Which is best?
Another possibility is maybe a pair of German Blue Rams.....

I'd go with the rams. Severums can be aggressive and get to around 10 inches. What gender are your angels? If you add more, if they're paired off, you may get aggression. Silver dollars are like any other schooling fish and want 6+, and with 5 inches of fish each, that's a fair amount.

I have a male/female pair angelfish.
BUT they have stopped breeding - the last time they had babies was in March 2011.

Will this make a difference?

Someone else who knows more about angels than I may weigh in with a different opinion, but I think no, it won't make a difference. From what I've read about fish who form mated pairs, it's not just only when they're mating. However, if the only aggression is when spawning, then it might.

The angels will most likely be very agressive to the new ones, so that is out. The severum wouldnt work in your community tank, and the silver dollars get WAY too big.

You need to pick some other fish options..

Back
Top Bottom