Which is better the ornate or the delhezi bichir?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adnan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everyone, i hope your all doing fine.
I wanted to get a bichir next week, and I wanted to know, which is better in looks, temper, and compatibility. The only other fish he/she is going to live with is a 5 inch BGK in a 55 gallon long. Also he may have to share the tank with a ID Shark (3inch) until the shark gets a little bigger and moved into one of of my other larger tanks.

SO basically I wanted to know which is better esp in looks, either the ornate or delhezi, i'm going to be ordering from online so i only saw the ornate in the petshops but never the delhezi. tahnks for the help guys and gals.

Welcome to AA! If I had the room, I'd get an ornate, but I haven't looked at the delhezi. I really love the patterns on the ornates.

Personally I find the delhezi bichir to be gorgeous... Also the source I checked out said they're more active, which is a plus to me.

They both are cool, but I personally like the dehelzi (or whatever) better in looks. They both seem to be alike tempermant wise, but I didn't do a ton of research on them.

I have never had either. I had a Cuvier bichir and it was one of my favorite fish! My brother had one as well. I don't think that you will be disappointed either way. Although neither of ours were very active, they are very docile fish, usually laying around or finding a cozy hiding place.

Delhezi looks better in my opinion (I've had both). Both are going to be fairly inactive. If your going to have the 55g for life then get the Delhezi which tops out around 13" I believe, the Ornate is closer to 17".

Back
Top Bottom