Which led light should I use for my planted ten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sai Sauce

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got two led light, one is marineland single bright and the other is an unknown. The unknown one ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408826930.413266.jpg has a nice purplish color. As of the marineland single bright ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408826985.226107.jpg is just mostly a whitish color to it. The tank next to it is a 20 gallon brackish. Don't know which one to use for which. Which light is preferable for the amazon sword plant?

Using My iPad and I Love Fishes! <~8~>

The general rule for plants is that they need a light reaching at least 6500k (sunlight) to grow. I know the marineland light gets to 6000k. Amazon swords are pretty easy to grow, lots of people have sucess with them in low-tech tanks, so it should do okay with the marineland. But if you're planning on adding more plants to the tank I would try to find out what the unknown light is (does it say the brand name anywhere on it?) to see if that would be better (especially since it looks like you're running co2). If you post a picture of just the light fixture, someone on the fourm may regognize it.

I have a marineland double bright on my 10 it does well enough that I have to trim some plants every couple days. I'm not exactly sure what would be best on a 20 though, check out buildmyled.com and the finnex line of leds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom