Which New Life Spectrum should I buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aneamals

Aquarium Advice Activist
Our range - New Life Spectrum Premium Fish Food for Colour and Vitality
There are so many kinds, I don't know which to get.
Right now I have 2 Platy fish, and I plan to get 2 more Platys and a school of Cherry Barbs in the future. And maybe some large-enough shrimp (if I ever find any) or Cory cats.
So which kind of New Life Spectrum food should I get? I'm liking the Thera A ones. But should I get the regular formula or the small fish formula?

I use the small fish formula. That way everyone has a chance.
Caleb
Sent via TARDIS
Agree .... depends on stocking .. but I also feed NLS Color Enhancing Flakes AKA Optimum Freshwater Flakes.

Fish love NLS foods. I also feed Hikari or Omega One frozen brine shrimp once a week.

I threw away several containers of fish food before I found out about NLS on this forum. I would never use any other brand.

Small Fish get the .5mm Thera

Larger Fish get the 1mm Thera

Then rotate every few days w/ Live Brine or Worms

That is my feeding routine.

I sure wish New Life would provide some sort of guidance or comparison. I've had good luck with their food (Thera+A) but when I tried to figure out how to reorder and saw all the choices... way, way, way too much difference without apparent distinction.

Like community vs color vs thera+A.

Anyone ever seen a NLS document that tries to distinguish?

but I also feed NLS Color Enhancing Flakes AKA Optimum Freshwater Flakes.

I think the major difference between Community and Thera is more garlic in Thera.

Yes, my flakes mentioned above also say "with Garlic" on the label.

Again ...... they are great.

And yes ...... NLS really does not need SOOOOOOOOOOO many kinds of food that are difficult to distinguish.

There should be a thread made to discus (fish pun) the different types of NLS foods and such to help people (like myself) interested in purchasing some but unsure of what to buy. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just look at the ingredients and figure out which best suits your need. It's not going to make that huge of a difference.

I use the Thera+ which has more garlic as mentioned.
I also use the AlgaeMax for the vegetables and my severum loves it.
And I use the flakes because that's what the rainbows tend to go after.

Just get an assortment.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just look at the ingredients and figure out which best suits your need. It's not going to make that huge of a difference.

That works best if you are knowledgeable. I'm new to this, and really want to find a reputable manufacturer (they seem to be) and have them say "this is how you should use our products".

They may not have the ideal advice (they will be marketing people), but it's a starting point.

Back
Top Bottom