which one first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DARK Jak

Aquarium Advice Freak
i already have two twig catfish and 6 silver hatchet fish but want to know if i should get cockatoo dwarf cichlids next or rams (both kinds) or checkerboard cichlids. as you can tell the tank is a little bare for a 55 gal (well 30gal)

Attachments

• fish_tank_001_203.jpg
    fish_tank_001_203.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 103
I think it looks interesting ... i read an article in TFH about hachetfish and how they are really fine jumpers.

You should try putting some small bugs on the wood above water and see if your hatchetfish jump to eat them. Just make sure your canopy is fully enclosed.

...that tank needs some fiddler crabs...they'd create some intrest on top of the wood...but then, the wood goes to the very top of the tank so they'd escape. :(

hachet fish are great jumpers. i remember havign a tank when i was little and the hatchet fish always jumped out of the tank

I like the bareness of the tank, it looks great imo, but i doubt the rams will.. mine we really shy in the first tank i had them, which was quite bare, when i moved them to a larger more heavily planted tank their behaviour changed significantly they're much more adventurous or as shy...

are you planning on adding plants?

i'd add the rams first if you are, great little fish :D

is the driftwood new? the water looks a little pea water to me, like the wood is leaking tannins (sp)... just curious, maybe its just the picture

first yes im adding LOTS of plants to it still.
yes the driftwood is new but the color is from the peat abstract i added to the tank
(more natural enviroment for the amazon fish i have and will be adding)

Back
Top Bottom