Which one?HELP!:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I can't decide which to breed in my fishroom, please choose one of the choices below.
1 pr angels,peppered and panda cories
1 pr GBR, 1 pr powder BR, peppered and panda cories
1 pr each angels, GBR, powder BR, and panda cories
1 pr each angels, GBR, powder BR, and peppered cories
1 pr each angels and GBR, panda cories and peppered cories
1 pr each angels and powder BR, panda and peppered cories
Thanks!

Option 5 only because due to poor breeding of Electric blue rams (if those are the ones your referring to) many people find trying to breed them is unsuccessful. I'd stick to GBR's. Or hate to throw this out but a pair of Kribensis would work, and they are fairly easy to breed if given a cave or two for breeding in. GBR's need smooth flat stones and also if you lay Indian Almond leaves on the aquarium substrate they usually prefer those even over flat stones. In the wild they breed in leaf litter. Almond leaves will release tannins and darken the water but they also have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and they seem to get the rams in the mood to breed. Angels will breed easily, thing is you need to get about 6 young ones, raise them until they start pairing off. They mature and can breed by 8 months of age. So once you get a pair or two to pair off you can keep a pair and re-home/sell the others. Be patient with angels as it takes a few tries sometimes to get things right. The almond leaves are also good to keep in their tank water also. Hope this info helps.

I'd pick one species and get a bunch of them to work with. The breeding/rearing process is almost an art form and it usually takes some bumps in the road as you get better at it.

If you have the room you could always just do them all, something like cories can stay in a large group all in the same tank together, so it doesn't take multiple tanks like it would with multiple pairs of cichlids.

jetajockey said:
I'd pick one species and get a bunch of them to work with. The breeding/rearing process is almost an art form and it usually takes some bumps in the road as you get better at it.

If you have the room you could always just do them all, something like cories can stay in a large group all in the same tank together, so it doesn't take multiple tanks like it would with multiple pairs of cichlids.

I'm thinking of doing guppies and multis(separate tanks) and using the extra tanks for a saltwater nano and a frog tank.

when im breeding angels i don't put cories or anything else. i have 10 breeding pair and i found the less stress the better they breed and more often, i breed mine in 20 gall planted tanks

Back
Top Bottom