Which one looks better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamwallaby

Aquarium Advice Activist
If you can see past the cloudiness, which one do you think looks better, first or second. The first one has fake wood, the second has driftwood. Thank you:fish2:

Attachments

• tank1.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 155
  • tank3.jpg
    tank3.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 153
second for sure it will look muh better when the grasses fill in

Both are really great! The second one gives a nice depth to the tank.

What's your stock?

They both look great. The first looks like ot gives a bit more cover the second looks more open. I think it depends on the fish

Thanks everyone :) the first pic is how the tank started. The second I the finished product. The first pic above was a midway point. I think it's come along nicely :) stock is listed in my signature.

Attachments

• image-217121888.jpg
    image-217121888.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 82
  • image-738724125.jpg
    image-738724125.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 78
have you thought about putting ur air stone under the gravle hides it and looks cooler but that just my 2 cents

have you thought about putting ur air stone under the gravle hides it and looks cooler but that just my 2 cents
Oooh I will have to try that.
My stock is listed in my sig. Pushing limits a bit.

Also, do you guys have any advice on what I can put in the back? It's pretty bare. I can't put plants because they won't get enough light with the toad island on top. I was thinking some smaller rock caves or a smaller piece of driftwood. I'm worried too much wood might lower my pH too much though.
Below are pics of the back taken from the side. The back actually faces my son's bed. the tank acts as a night light while he falls asleep so I don't want too much in back so he can actually see the fish swimming there. I have a smaller heater on it's way, the large one was just filling in because mine broke.

Attachments

• tank6.jpg
    tank6.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 60
  • tank5.jpg
    tank5.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 54
  • tank4.jpg
    tank4.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 53
maby a stumpy peice of drift wood or some low light plant like java fern somthing that will deal with the worst of worst

Here it is. Added some rocks and a coconut shell with java moss and plant attached to top. Water is clearing up and I buried the bubbler :)

Attachments

• image-4204230241.jpg
    image-4204230241.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 47
  • image-562848219.jpg
    image-562848219.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 45
its looking good now just wait till the plants take over then it will look awsome

heres my two planted tanks

The nano has be rescaped since this photo but im planning on doing a plant only with maby 3 tetras in their but you has inspired me to take a bigger step in to plants. At this point and time im only using flourish excel it seems to be speeding up the growth a bit with out effecting my fish its a liquid Co2.

Attachments

• image-4156691242.jpg
    image-4156691242.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3821310758.jpg
    image-3821310758.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 48
Those look awesome. What kinds of plants do you have in there? I have heard of the fourish excel but haven't used it. Maybe I need to try it. I really want my grass in front to fill in a lot.

I can list what i knows growing lol. about 10 java fern few long grasses penny wort baby tears water sprite and a few others. The flourish excel is a liquid Co2 that works well im about to try my hand at compressed Co2.

Back
Top Bottom