Which order?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomasina

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an Aquaclear filter. Comes with the sponge, carbon packet, (which I have taken out since it is 6 months old) and then the ceramic rings. I have ordered Purigen, and the bag. I want to put poly floss in it also. Now the question is: In what order do I put all this in? Going from bottom to top please!! Also, what keeps the BB in the filter so that I don't loose it? Thank you in advance!

I have an Aquaclear filter. Comes with the sponge, carbon packet, (which I have taken out since it is 6 months old) and then the ceramic rings. I have ordered Purigen, and the bag. I want to put poly floss in it also. Now the question is: In what order do I put all this in? Going from bottom to top please!! Also, what keeps the BB in the filter so that I don't loose it? Thank you in advance!

Polyfill - purigen - ceramic rings.

If you decide to not use chem filtration in the future it would go:
Coarse foam - polyfill - ceramic rings.

The ceramic rings are what holds the BB so it never gets replaced. You can rinse it in tank water though if it gets really badly gunned up

Back
Top Bottom