Which Pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexandraDanielle21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all. I am looking to purchase a pleco for my 40 gallon breeder and I am wondering what options I have. In my tank there is a pair of balloon mollies, a pair of sunburst platys, a fancy guppy and an African dwarf frog. I'm not sure which one to pick, and because of the fact that they can grow to such great lengths I'm not sure that they're an option at all. Please help!

Bristlenose only get about 4 inches and there are many options within that group. Rubberlips, and blown plecos stay small too.

Thanks for the replies everyone! :) I'm leaning towards a bristle-nose, I've seen some of them and they are cute. Are there any breeds that I should stay away from in that group? Or favorites?

Thanks for the replies everyone! :) I'm leaning towards a bristle-nose, I've seen some of them and they are cute. Are there any breeds that I should stay away from in that group? Or favorites?

Commons are the cheapest, easiest and most visible. They come in a range- short/long fin, marbled, albino, spotted.

Don't get peppermints! You'll never see them!

Thanks for all your help guys. Heading out tonight to the LFS. Too bad in Canada the fish stores are generally low quality. Maybe some will expand from the US soon?

Back
Top Bottom