Which ram is coolest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm going to be adding some rams to my tank. I was originally thinking GBRs. But I also found a good deal on gold ones. What kind do you like best there is also electric blue.

I personally like Bolivian rams most. Still very colorful, yet hardier than GBRs. I also really like apistos, if you're open to other types of dwarf cichlids.

They're all beautiful. Having owned each different type I will say that the biggest thing for me is the color of my other fish when deciding which ram to get. For example, I probably wouldn't get an EBR if I have a big school of cardinals, as something like a nice gold ram would contrast better and allow it to stand out more.

Then I probably would go with regular GBRs. EBGBRs are incredibly touchy (more so than regular) and personally, I don't like the look of gold rams as much as the original.

+2 on GBRs. Rams (other than Bolivians) are sensitive enough as it is, standard GBRs from a reputable breeder (Yunite/SDRams is the forum favorite) are the most beautiful option imo without being prone to dying to every little thing. Gold faced Electric Blue Rams or Long Fin German Blue Rams can be pretty, but I've yet to see any that are very hardy.

Wild caught blue rams seem to be tough little monsters so far..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1401232603005.jpg
    1401232603005.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 92
I don't have any as my ph is too high but I like the blues. Nice looking fish.

My ph is slightly above 8 but I'm stocking with aggressive cichlids such as Dempsey, Firemouth, Green Terror, Texas, Convict etc. and I don't want the Ram picked on.

The German stayed on my stock list for a long time but everything I read says thy're fairly peaceful and that combined with the ph made my decision.

Good looking fish though

Back
Top Bottom