Which snail is best?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dollzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey! I’m needing some votes & info please [emoji5]

I’m currently cycling an 80?L (unsure on capacity) Haven’t gotten around to measuring it yet...

Anyway - I already have a Zerba nerite in one tank but my fault with them is the eggs are a pain to remove esp. from wood. My Tylomelania (rabbits/elephants) are stunning I love everything about them apart from the fact they have eaten all of my Java ferns in the betta tank!

I also have an annoying pest snail - Whose babies keep appearing in the new tank due to using a piece of Bogwood from the original tank they were in. I got rid of most of the ones if not all from my smaller 20l fry tank but I do expect some more to pop up - So I was pondering an assassin snail - Do they eat each other if you get more than one?

I like the idea of Mystery snails but I’ve read some of the different colours (golden?) will also eat plants.

Also! I’m going to be getting a few Corydoras (as I told my daughter our last one went to the vets quite a while ago now so I should replace her!) - Are there any other lovely creatures you’d recommend?

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6822.jpg
    IMG_6822.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 56
I like mystery snails. I've had them, only one tried to eat the plants. The other just ate algae.
They come in all sorts of colours, golden, ivory, black, green and blue. Also they have genders so you might not get eggs at all.

I like mystery snails. I've had them, only one tried to eat the plants. The other just ate algae.

They come in all sorts of colours, golden, ivory, black, green and blue. Also they have genders so you might not get eggs at all.

Thanks for your reply Sara!

I’m definitely going to find a store near me that has some mystery snails I’ve done a bit of reading on them & do sound appealing! I bought an assassin today to control the pest snails so he’ll need to be moved once that’s under control but I’m definitely sold for a mystery- Next is to decide to colour!

Back
Top Bottom