Which Stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello! I have a 5.5g that is just waiting to have some kind of beautiful fish/es in it. I just cannot decide which one to go with, so with my indecisiveness you all get to help me decide:) Aren't you all lucky;)

So here we go:

Option 1:
5-6 Chili Rasboras or Celestial Pearl Danios
1 Croaking/Pygmy/Sparkling Gourami or Scarlet Badis or (if with chilis) shrimp

Option 2:
Pea Puffer

Option 3:
Some number of pygmy sunfish

I'm so baffled by which one to go with. They all have their beauties and uniqueness. So, which do you all think? Thanks a ton!

Yeah, I'm liking the pea puffer as well. It's also the cheapest;) And they're what brought me to this site, those many months ago.

I say pea puffer I love watching the little guys I have but they need to be in a species only tank because they are pretty aggressive. They love snails too I throw little pond snails in my pea puffer tank all the time they gobble them right up. But I also like the celestial pearl danios but i would only go with 4-5 they aren't schooling fish so you don't need to worry about that just make sure you add some plants and a cave like structure so they are more comfortable it will also help maintain water quality which can be a pain in a tank that small.

Do it how are you gonna have the yank setup?
Here are some current pictures of the tank:
img_2050807_0_471f97295d01b8a3e24ed7f2101523bf.jpg

img_2050807_1_6fdbd4b3475968acd3e4946464659f69.jpg

img_2050807_2_5a5dd1fa022e05beb4f3d4fdcf854882.jpg

img_2050807_3_743d4c9d6a48607d93d8bbf97f307f24.jpg

I plan on getting a lot more plants, especially for the left side of the tank. I'm going to transfer one of my java ferns to one of the driftwoods as well.

I say pea puffer I love watching the little guys I have but they need to be in a species only tank because they are pretty aggressive. They love snails too I throw little pond snails in my pea puffer tank all the time they gobble them right up. But I also like the celestial pearl danios but i would only go with 4-5 they aren't schooling fish so you don't need to worry about that just make sure you add some plants and a cave like structure so they are more comfortable it will also help maintain water quality which can be a pain in a tank that small.

I'm really thinking the pea puffer is going to win. Plus, he'll already have a meal there for him! I have a few of the snails already there;). Thanks, your experience really set me to the puffer side of things!

Back
Top Bottom