Which Tetra goes best with Tiger Barbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_Crazy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am buying my first fish tomorrow to start my little community. I will have 6 Tiger Barbs with 2 Gouramis and 4 Cory Cats. I will start with 4 Tetras tomorrow and then add the rest later. Which Tetras will be best with the Barbs? I was thinking about Buenos Aires but they are pretty big, I was hoping for something 1.5" - 2" so that I don't overcrowd my tank. I have a 29ga Planted Tank to house them in. Any Ideas?? Please help me pick my fish

serpae tetras seem to hold their ground against my rosy barbs pretty well! BUT, they are also known as fin nippers. . . .

I've lost a 1 neon tetra and 1 glowlight tetra to my Tiger barbs :cry: ....Let me know what you find because I really like both the barbs and the Tetra's so I would like to know what goes well together...I also only have 3 Tiger Barbs left...I know they should be in a bigger group, but I also don't want to get 2 more, because I'm sure the other Tiger Barbs I have already have "their territory"...any suggestions on that?

If you have a nice group, they will be more interested in themselves than other fish, usually. I have 9 myself, and they never bother any other fish. In fact, they like to mingle with the German Blue Rams. Pretty interesting.

Back
Top Bottom