Which tetras do NOT nip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
does anyone know of any tetra species that DON'T nip?

I would like a peaceful school in my tank.

Do you mean nip at each other or other fish? Even neons may nip at each other a little bit within their school. I would try a school of neons, glowlight, or black neons.. something small. It seems like the bigger ones like black skirt and serpae are a little meaner.

My bloodfins and pristella tetras dont nip other fish. They play tag within there groups tho, and thats kind of fun to watch in my opinion

I love my rummynose they school in a tight group and are very active. Defiantly my favorite tetra.

Do you mean nip at each other or other fish?

that's the question of the day.....

I love tetras. I've had many species. The most peaceful I've had are my ember tetras and my rummynose. My serpaes were not nippy but others have said theirs were. My red eyes killed each other off. My husband had black skirts and they were good with each other, but got HUGE!

I haven't had any problems with my black neons nipping each other, I don't have them with anything but GBR's now though. I think they look great as a group!

mitchfish said:
My bloodfins and pristella tetras dont nip other fish. They play tag within there groups tho, and thats kind of fun to watch in my opinion

Never had any issues with my Bloodfins either. They keep to themselves. As with any tetra, just be sure to get a proper school of at least five but more is always better.

My only experience with nippy tetras were my serpaes. We had them in with my Platies once, and had to take them out and into their own tank because they nipped them all to death. We have them in a tank with silver tips (who act the same but areny nippy). We had bleeding heart tetras in with them as well but they out grew that 29 gallon so theyre in our 75 now. They arent nippy.

Back
Top Bottom