Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-06-2018, 01:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

White Cloud eating too much?

When t he tank was WC's only I didn't have this problem. I fed them their flakes or Hikari Micro Pellets and they were done eating. Now that I have Corys I have to put in a sinking wafer. After the clouds eat the floating food, they steal the Corys food. One WC in particular eats so much it looks like it's belly is going to burst. Sometimes it has trouble swimming after eating. It swims around like it swallowed lead. Is this normal or do you think the fish is going to eat itself to death?

10Gallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Try feeding them right before you turn the lights out at night. Drop the food in then turn the lights out right afterwards. They are a catfish so they should still feed at night. I'd assume this will solve your problem. I keep Pictus catfish and I have to do the same thing. Your WC's will essentially eat themselves to death in the long run by overeating.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

OK I'll try feeding the Corys when I turn the lights out.
10Gallon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud, eat, eating, loud, white, white cloud

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com