White cloud minnow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducatiman

Aquarium Advice Freak
After discovering clear eggs, the size of a grain of sand, I now discover I have some hatched White cloud minnows. I cannot believe how small these fry are. They are like a tiny shard of glass. I'm currently struggling with getting baby angels to feed even with live brine shrimp, so how the he'll am I gonna get these to eat!,,,.?

ive heard of 'liquifry' and i think its a food for egg laying fish's fry..look it up

In a pinch you can use a hard boiled egg yolk, it's messy and very easy to polute your tank. Or try smashing flake food into a fine power...put some in a baggie and keep working it with you fingers or a rolling pin.

I had a group of them in my 10 gallon QT tank for a few weeks, and they spawned several times. The fry seemed to be doing fine feeding on whatever micro-critters they found among the java moss and floating plants, then would disappear overnight. I took down the tank thinking to replace it with a 29, then found there wasn't enough space above it to do water changes. I put the 10 back in place, but left the 5 gallon bucket full of water sitting on the floor ratehr than immdeiately dumping it. A couple days later I saw some fry, after a week I counted 7. They remained in the bucket with a dozen or so ramshorn snails and some debris from the siphoning of the tank when it was emptied until a few days ago. No filter, heater, or even water changes for probably 2 months, just duckweed (replaced a couple times after the snails ate it) and once daily feedings of powdered flake food. They all grew out just fine, while I only had 2 of the fry in the 10 gallon tank survive long enough to grow out to a similar size.
I use 2 flat pieces of marble to grind flakes into a fine powder for tiny fry.

Minnow fry feeding. I have a small adult tank with 15 adults. Every day I give the plastic fry grass a shake and syphon out debris and eggs. Separate eggs into spare tank and next day I got fry. They are surviving on the liquifry, and now some taking brine shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom