White clouds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DepotFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Total top dwellers or just afraid?
I lost a few trops in my move and had two buenos aires tetras and three black skirts in my 25g show tank. So I bought 2 dozen white cloud baby feeders today. I figure maybe three will survive to adulthood. I hate buying baby fish but I refuse paying $3 for a white cloud adult. 10¢ is decent for a cloud. The tetras try to get them but can't catch em. All the clouds do is stay on the top, they aren't filling out the tank much.

From experience - white clouds NEED Zebra Danios (dither fish) to be happy and school and swim around the whole tank.

Add a school of danios to your white clouds - and watch the tank come alive ;) ;) ;)

My group of 6 spend 90% of their time within the top couple inches of the tank. Rarely do they venture below that except during feeding time.

10 cents a White Cloud? Dang.....wish I could find that deal.

The clouds are sold as feeder fish at this store. I moved my filter output so it would be at the surface on one half of the tank so they spread out a little more.

Success. I did get danios. I like danios and needed a few more fish to fill out the tank. The clouds do venture around more. Now the question is, was it the danios or had the clouds just adjusted to the tank? The world will never know.

DepotFish said:
Success. I did get danios. I like danios and needed a few more fish to fill out the tank. The clouds do venture around more. Now the question is, was it the danios or had the clouds just adjusted to the tank? The world will never know.
it was definitely the danios ;)

They are the perfect fish to help tetras school or any small fish school.

Back
Top Bottom