White Clouds with Angels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psylk87

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I am still plannign my 55 gallon tank. Recently I was looking at Longfin White Clouds or Golden White Clouds. Would either of these be okay with Angel fish? My plan is 1 Bristlenos, 6 corys, 2 Angelfihs, and then 2-3 schools of 6 fish each. Trying to decide on what schools I want at the moment. I know for sure one will be Emperor Tetras.

The only issue I would bring up with your idea of the white clouds with these fish is that white clouds should be in slightly cooler water than the rest of the fish. That being said, the color forms you mentioned are not natural color forms so the fish itself may have been bred to withstand the higher temps. (Check with your LFS to confirm whether this is true for his fish.)
Just make sure that your Angelfish aren't big enough to eat the sized W. Clouds you decide on. ;)

Hope this helps

If the angels are put with them as juveniles will they continue to ignore them as they get older? Or will be it an issue when they grow? I ask because I was also considering Cardinal Tetras.

If the angels are put with them as juveniles will they continue to ignore them as they get older? Or will be it an issue when they grow? I ask because I was also considering Cardinal Tetras.

Usually that's how it works. Many years ago, my partner had a 100 gal tank which he put some wild Discus in to grow up to breed and also put in a school of 100 Cardinal Tetras with them. He said it was always a sight to see this mass of red and blue swim over the Discus when they were on the move. He said he did not lose the cardinals as the Discus grew. I had a similar thing with Angels and Neons except I started out with large neons and small Angels. (My Angels would have choked on a large neon.)

That all being said, it's always a gamble when you mix large and small fish together. Best way to avoid problems is to keep the fish well fed. ;)

Hope this helps (y)

Really could go either ay. If you get the angels as juveniles, it may work with no problems, but those minnows could become a snack over time. I have golden minnows and neons in my tank with an angel who is coming up on 3 inches. So far, so good :)

I have a school of 12 Longfin white cloud mountian minnow with 12 adult angels and they have all been fine over a year. It always helps to add smaller fish in angel tanks when the angels are young but I have 25 cardinals and 25 rummynose in the tank also. Todays selectively bred colored angels are not the same as trying to keep small fish in with say Altum angelfish that do eat small fish in the wild. And the Longfin WCMM can withstand warmer temps without issue, my tank runs around 77-78F.

Back
Top Bottom