White cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 15g tank. I have 8 guppies 5 neons 3 small snails (dunno what they are) 4 baby mollies which are to go in my 50g tank when its cycled (just started) I do daily/everyother day ( about 5 out of 7 days) Water change with a gravel vaccum. I have 40-50 fry in a breeder tank. I feed them 3-4 times a day and the adult fish twice a day. I know i dont over feed em by much if anything cus not much gets chance to sink and any that does 90% of that falls the neons eat.

I changed the substrate a week ago/ the water went dark but I used black substrate as washed out as much as i could.

Its now just gone cloudy over a day-day and half. I was wondering if the fry bio load could be causing the cloudy water as in a bacteria bloom? They are 6 days old. I have a small 5g tank currently cycling i reckon its got a week left.

If not what could be causing this?

How old do the fry have to be b4 i can put then in the 5g tank? and any limit on the number i should add at once?

Well update. I found a half eaten guppy under the filter earlier. I wondered why over last few days the other fish was huddled around there. I done the filter clean and there it was. I believe that was my amonia spike/bacteria bloom.

Removed and will see what happens done a 18%ish change will do same amount tomorrow and day after. I get paid tomorrow so i can restock my test kits as i'm all out. I'm not feeding them tonight as a few bits of it are floating around still and the fish seem happy to eat it!

Back
Top Bottom