white dots question? (not on fish)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mccarthy7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was looking at my tank and noticed these weird white dots on the filter intake and the heater. Any idea what they are? I may have noticed a couple on the shell of a snail the other day.

2j2u97b.jpg

5eigyf.jpg

I have 5 neon tetra, 3 cories, 2 tiny mystery snail, and 2 Apple snails, I also have one gourami.

have you been doing frequent water changes with slightly colder water? if so you have cory eggs!!!!!!!

I have been changing the water once a week about 15% or 20% and the water is sitting around 76-78 F that would be great if they are. It worries me that it is on the filter. Can I move them or should I just let it be.

mccarthy7 said:
I have been changing the water once a week about 15% or 20% and the water is sitting around 66-68 F that would be great if they are. It worries me that it is on the filter. Can I move them or should I just let it be.

What temp is your tank at???

you can move them with a credit card and put them in a breeder net. then feed them first bites from petsmart.

If it is eggs what should I do? Scrape them off and get one of those nets from the lfs?

Back
Top Bottom