White eggs all over my driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Armoredspider

Aquarium Advice Activist
My driftwood has been getting white egg things all over the outside. I think they might be from my nerite snails (I was told they wouldn't breed). Is there anything else it could have come from?
20 gallon high
Anubias, java fern
Baby platies and two male guppies (all livebears so no eggs)
And two nerite snails
(sorry for bad pic quality, it's a phone camera)

Attachments

• image-487183072.jpg
    image-487183072.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 258
More pics:

Attachments

• image-927594317.jpg
    image-927594317.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 181
  • image-929101511.jpg
    image-929101511.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 126
It's definitly from the snails, they lay eggs all over my driftwood. They will not hatch unless in brackish water.

They are nerites as mentioned above but if you don't like the look of them and can't wait for them to dissolveI just took my long handled tweezers and popped them off. I have also noticed that my nerites lay eggs in spirts. When I first added them they went on a laying spree, then after that they just seem to lay a few here and there and not too often anymore. Are your snails fairly new to the tank?

Rivercats said:
They are nerites as mentioned above but if you don't like the look of them and can't wait for them to dissolveI just took my long handled tweezers and popped them off. I have also noticed that my nerites lay eggs in spirts. When I first added them they went on a laying spree, then after that they just seem to lay a few here and there and not too often anymore. Are your snails fairly new to the tank?

Yes they are new and now there are tons all over the wood (sorry for the late reply I have had tests every day at school forever!) but they seem to stick to the wood overnight and lay a few eggs each day. I'm fine with waiting for them to go away. On another note, is there any way to get them to hatch? I would love to see tons of baby nerites all over my tank :)

I know nothing about hatching nerites other than they need to be in brackish water. I have no clue as to the salinity or anything but you could probably find all kinds of info online.

Back
Top Bottom