White Hair-like Substance on New Decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjrossi88

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey there all! I'm new both to here and to the aquarium world. I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank that I've been fishless cycling for about 3 weeks now. My water temp is between 82-85. I just added the decorations to the tank 3 days ago and also added API Quick Start twice. The water has seemed cloudy every since and today I started to see this white, stringy, hair-like substance on the middle decoration and on 2 small other spots. I have no idea what it is and not sure if it needs to be taken care of or if it will take care of itself over a few days. Any suggestions?? I couldn't get a great picture because of the cloudiness but you can still make out some of it. Thanks in advance for any input!

It's probably just some sort of fungus. I wouldn't worry too much about it, should be gone by the time your cycle finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would also guess that it is likely a fungus, can't really see from your picture. Is that center decoration ceramic or is that a piece of rock?

It's a fake coral piece from petsmart so it's either plastic or ceramic.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom