white spot on goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok i think my goldfish have white spot so i added the whitespot treatment to the water but i forgot to remove the carbon from the filter when i remembered this the next day i removed the carbon but i wasnt sure if the treatment would still be in the water so i added another half dose to make sure that was about 4/5 days ago and my fish look like its getting worse.
2 of my fish have white spot but one doesnt seem to be affected.

any tips?

tmdavies said:
ok i think my goldfish have white spot so i added the whitespot treatment to the water but i forgot to remove the carbon from the filter when i remembered this the next day i removed the carbon but i wasnt sure if the treatment would still be in the water so i added another half dose to make sure that was about 4/5 days ago and my fish look like its getting worse.
2 of my fish have white spot but one doesnt seem to be affected.

any tips?

White spots can be treated with aquarium salt. Do u have access to any?

ok a bit confused im reading the box of salt (interpet aqualibrium) it says for disease treatment use 3 tbsp per gallon my tank is 53 gallons (uk gallons) so that would be 158 tbsp of salt thats seems like a lot and i dont even think this box has anywhere near that amount in it lol.
it also says its a ph buffer do i want a ph buffer or does all salt buffer ph

ok iv worked it out this pack has 260grams of salt it says to dose 9 grams for every litre, my tank is 240 litres so i would need 2160 grams (2.1 kilo's) so i would need 8 1/2 bags of salt
wont that amount kill my fish aswell

When I treated my goldies, I put the salt ( the amount on box ) in a 3 gallon bucket, then put in all the fish. You don't want to leave them in there for too long. Then put them back in the aquarium. The directions should be on the bag of salt. I used melifix in the aquarium after the dip in salt.. Worked great. Goldies are spotless :)

tmdavies said:
ok iv worked it out this pack has 260grams of salt it says to dose 9 grams for every litre, my tank is 240 litres so i would need 2160 grams (2.1 kilo's) so i would need 8 1/2 bags of salt
wont that amount kill my fish aswell

O ok. Try half a teaspoon per gallon (US)

Back
Top Bottom