White spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can get everything else used, try that. Otherwise, you could look for deals on Amazon. We found a heater, a filter, on Amazon a lot cheaper than lfs (exact same products) but then again you have to wait for it to be shipped...

2- 50% wc's a week with that tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Or more. I'd say daily. I did daily for a betta alone in a gallon. Lost 3 bettas to disease with that routine. Finally saved one putting him in a 3, even though it wasn't cycled.

Nobody is trying to be rude here (well ok maybe some are) but your fish won't live till the end of the year in that situation. The only chance of waiting more than a few weeks is if you get the full API freshwater test kit, learn all about clean water very quickly, test it daily, and do lots of large water changes.

With a tank that small you can do a fairly passive and non stressful water change with a gallon jug and some airline tubing, maybe some suction cups. Siphon off a gallon while you're nearby but doing something else. Then mix a gallon of new water and set it up higher than the tank, and let it drip in slowly. Even tie a loose knot in the tube.

It's not just water quality, it's stress. Like it'd be stressful for you to live in an elevator with 4 people.

Even if it's a plastic tub for awhile, you need something bigger.

I've read uv sterilizers help columnaris but the money should go to a bigger tank.

You have a great idea for something to build later, but the current reality is that you have suffering animals.

They might even be better off in a 5 gallon bucket with the filter on the side, for awhile. Quiet calm and big. I'm not being mean.

Petsmart has a sale right now on several smaller setups. Or see if you can get fast shipping on amazon. There's a 50 watt heater for about $10 and the Tetra Whisper filters are pretty decent.

And watch craigslist daily. Maybe use an app that will alert you to new postings.

And this thing has gotten so out of hand why don't we throw in that I'm a Jewish woman too. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom