White spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks way skinny, let's hear about the tank??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Geesh, well that's your problem, get em all out and get a betta or a bigger tank. Aqadvisor.com will give you an idea if appropriate stocking. Not to be rude but all your fish will most likely die in that tank if nothing changes.

I'm keeping them in that tank mainly because my 10 tank became overcrowded with guppies but my goal is to have a 55g tank and a water bridge connecting the 10 and 55 by the end of the year at the latest. Those are in such a small tank because it was all I could get on short notice

How is your platy? Your cory? Is your Molly a new arrival? What are your water params? It might not be my place to say, but those 3 is a little much for just a 2.5g...

Haha okay. You put that response while I was typing ;P water params would be good to know though.

As far as I'm aware the ph is a little low other than that it's all at the appropriate levels

What's appropriate? What's low? Test strips huh?

I don't have exact numbers but from what the guys at the pet store have said the ph is at around 6 or 7 and the rest are at the correct level on the chart they use(they use a chemical that changes the color according to the ammonia and nitrate levels)

Cool, you're asking why your fish looks sick, I'm giving you all the right cues, it's on you.. my tanks are thriving.
You need to get a test kit, take some fish back while you're at the store.

Daily BIG water changes until you get a bigger tank. Increase heat slowly to 86F and keep there for 2 weeks. Worked for me.

Daily BIG water changes until you get a bigger tank. Increase heat slowly to 86F and keep there for 2 weeks. Worked for me.

I didn't think the picture was anywhere near clear enough to identify it as ich. What I do see on it's head is far too big to be ich. There are white spots that are not ich.

Perhaps the OP can post a clearer picture.

Ok I haven't messed with the tank at all seance he's gotten the white spots except for my weekly 25% water change today and normal feeding

It looks like it might be some sort of bacterial or fungal infection to me. It can be hard to differentiate between the two.

Does it look fluffy at all?

Ok I haven't messed with the tank at all seance he's gotten the white spots except for my weekly 25% water change today and normal feeding

2- 50% wc's a week with that tank.

Maybe switch the big fish to the 10 gallon and the fry to the smaller tank - not sure how to do the water change since it sounds like the mollie has a fungus if furry.

Making an emergency QT is also an option. It can be very inexpensive, just don't use any materials that have been washed with soap. Maybe you could get a larger plastic storage bin as a temporary solution for the tank that is way, way too small. Maybe switch the filters and use the 10 gallon for the temporary large clear plastic container which will bring beneficial bacteria with it, though may not be cycled entirely. Maybe someone else can give a good suggestion about how to keep the temperature appropriate.

You really, really need to get the 2.5 gallon fish into something way bigger. Even one goldfish needs at least 10 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom