Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

White spots, and it sure isn't Ick!

I started noticing small, round white spots on my driftwood. I didnít think much of it and thought it might be a fungus that would die off. Well, now the spots are on some of the rocks in my tank, and one on the glass.

The spots are small. About 1-1.5mm across. I donít think they actually move on their own, but I pulled one of the rocks out and poked at some. They do pop off, but leave a small ďfootĒ. Kind of like a little bit of extra shell stuck there. So, they are alive, but I have no idea what they could be. Iíd post a picture, but it would just be a little white dot.

Iím going to monitor the one on the glass to be certain that they donít move.

Any ideas as to what they could be? They remind me of a smooth barnacle, without the opening on top.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #2

Maybe it is some kind of fungus? Or maybe it could be related to the type of driftwood? Where did you get the driftwood, just guessing, but it could have something to do with it.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I got the driftwood from an aquarium store, and didn't see any on it when I got it.

When you poke them, they are kind of hard, but if you press hard enough they pop. They are pretty odd and seem to be mulitplying.

They don't group too closely together, so if it's fungus, it doesn't grow larger than what it is, and it doesn't clump together.

Tags
ick, white spots

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com