White spots. I hope its not ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydooms

Aquarium Advice Addict
White spots on the rubber of the filter. I was gone for 2 days and it was like this when I got home. Only the rubber part of the filter hose. Thanks.

Attachments

• image-3726540062.jpg
    image-3726540062.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1090529900.jpg
    image-1090529900.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 70
Do you put any amounts of salt in your tank?

I get some salt residue on my gear around my tank often just need to clean it off. I didn't think you could see Ich in the water, and the fish only displays white spots as a reaction to fighting the bacteria?

jasurf21 said:
Do you put any amounts of salt in your tank?

I get some salt residue on my gear around my tank often just need to clean it off. I didn't think you could see Ich in the water, and the fish only displays white spots as a reaction to fighting the bacteria?

No salt but I dose ferts for the plants. So the white spots are not really the ich but a reaction from it?

No salt but I dose ferts for the plants. So the white spots are not really the ich but a reaction from it?

How to Recognize, Treat and Prevent Ich in Your Koi and Goldfish

Check out this website, it indicates that Ich can only be seen with a microscope until it actually infects a fish. Then you will see white spots on the fish itself. So the white in the water I highly doubt is ich.

I'm not sure what it is though we may need more help to determine that 0X

I believe that the parsite of the ich shows in the fish skin, not in the plants, pipes, or ornaments...

so IMO it is not ich

Back
Top Bottom