White spots on a new aquarium setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hgfortis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I installed my 29 gallon aquarium couple days ago and decided to let to let it run just to verify that the filter and air stone is functioning as it should.

I added the aqueon water conditioner and the tetra FloraPride Plant Fertilizer since there are plants in the tank

Initially there were bubbles in the tank but I've read that its normal for new setup. however, yesterday I've noticed that the bubbles are gone however, I'm seeing some white spots on the inside.

I'm very new to this. hoping someone could let me know if this is normal and how to fix.

Hi,

I installed my 29 gallon aquarium couple days ago and decided to let to let it run just to verify that the filter and air stone is functioning as it should.

I added the aqueon water conditioner and the tetra FloraPride Plant Fertilizer since there are plants in the tank

Initially there were bubbles in the tank but I've read that its normal for new setup. however, yesterday I've noticed that the bubbles are gone however, I'm seeing some white spots on the inside.

I'm very new to this. hoping someone could let me know if this is normal and how to fix.

Photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Photo attached

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20160502_065657.jpg
    IMG_20160502_065657.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 57
Could be algae I'd scrape it off with magnet cleaner, and see if it comes back

Is it safe to add fish or should i wait and see what happens.

I've tested the parameters and everything seems fine. I plan to add bacteria after adding the fish

Generally I'd say you should cycle the water from 2 to 4 weeks to be total safe

General test don't pick up amount of hard substances like minerals which is dangerous to fish if it's not settled properly

Back
Top Bottom