white streaks on glass, INSIDE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiscowDJ

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just noticed some streaks inside my 29G fresh water tank, they kinda look like snail trails or fungus you would find under a log. All of my fish seem healthy and no one new has been added. It's a heavily planted tank so salt is a no-no. The tank houses 6 Black Skirt Tetras, 4 Bumble Bee Gobys, 2 Red Fin Black Cats, 1 Clown Plecostemos, 3 Adult Platys & 3 Baby Platies (there were 30 until someone got hungry) Can anyone help me?
Tim
San Marcos, CA

Is it a crazy pattern that may have loopty-loops in it? I have noticed pond snails will make patterns like that but I have never seen any residue left from the ones I had.

Have you observed any change in the state of the streaks? Growth, shrinkage, change in coloration, change in appearance, does it appear to have any thickness or surface? Have you tried to wipe it off yet?

If it is a true "fungus" I have used Maroxy on my planted tank (moneywort, hornwort, java fern and another unidentified stem plant) without any ill effects on my plants. I would not think that any fungus would form without decaying material to form on as a source of food.

Back
Top Bottom