White Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fox1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can someone please tell me what this white stuff is on top of my tank? I would clean it off and then it would come back in the next day or 2.:thanks:

Attachments

• IMG_2131.jpg
    IMG_2131.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 71
Is it a powdery feeling substance? I used to get it all over the top and underside of my light glass. I also used stabilizing chemicals such as prime and stability in my water so i think it would evaporate and settle on the top.

"There's always a bigger fish." - Qui-Gon Ginn

Yes it is a powdery feeling substance and I am using exactly those 2, that must be what it is! Thanks!

Did you add salt to the tank? Looks like dried salt from splashing water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I add salt to the tank once a week but if I recall right it was there before I started adding salt. But it got worse when I did start adding salt.

Do you have really hard water? Could be mineral deposit from evaporation

Yes we have very hard water where we live.

Get some white vinegar and mix it with water, about half a cup of vinegar to one gallon of water. Wet a rag or cloth with the mixture and wipe the white stuff off. Keep that solution and just wipe it off with it as you see it build up.

Get some white vinegar and mix it with water, about half a cup of vinegar to one gallon of water. Wet a rag or cloth with the mixture and wipe the white stuff off. Keep that solution and just wipe it off with it as you see it build up.

Thank you this will work great I can already tell!

Back
Top Bottom