White stuff floating, 4 day cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Floating on top off they aquarium water. Look like dust, but when some of it his removed in the bottles , in high quality, its look more like a white algae floating like petroleum.

I notice more. some of it on my plastic of the heater and the plastic holding the filter. Maybe i forgot to clean them before filtering . But its bin 2 years i did not use it.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110630_114534.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110630_114534.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 147
Its a biofilm. It's pretty normal when theres not enough surface agitation. So to remove it just agitate the water surface with an air stone!

Thanks, seems not normal because i do have a air stone (but i guest the heater his in a corner where the water move less.

Yes, Well, i did move the heater and added some movement of the surface of the water. Good to know it just bio-film. Thanks

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110630_133110.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110630_133110.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 130
I do add 8 cups of tap water almost every day (white conditioner, in a 30 gallons), i found no leeks. Hope that's normal. Water at 80f

Patrice said:
I do add 8 cups of tap water almost every day (white conditioner, in a 30 gallons), i found no leeks. Hope that's normal. Water at 80f

That's normal. Since Ur tank has no cover. With surface agitation water evaporation is bound to be

Back
Top Bottom