Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

White web-like/cotton substance growing on ornaments

Hi im not sure where im supposed to post this, so i posted here and the sick fish area...

So im in the middle of cycling my tank with some zebra danios, and the other day i noticed that one of my tank ornaments that i got at petco has some sort of white weblike substance on it. As far as i can tell this is the only place in my tank that this stuff has shown up. So far it looks like my fish are still healthy and swimming perfectly fine..

here are some pictures that show this white stuff on my ornament. The first picture it is by the shoulder blades of buddah, and the 2nd its near the right side on the stack of coins(in this picture it looks like it is a small cotton ball, and there are a few)

Sorry if the picture quality stink but i couldnt really get a good picture of the stuff

Any help would be great thanks!

Imageshack - img5485e

Imageshack - img5485e

Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It looks kind of like what I had when I first started freshwater. Do a pwc and cut your feeding way back. If you do that I should go away within a few days.
Like someone's post? Show some appreciation with the reputation button!
thominil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cotton, substance, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com