White worms on glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
Why are there white small worms on my glass about 1/8" long? What are they? Will they cause any problems once my cycle is over and I get my fish?

I have seen these before, I don't know what they are though..

I even had them in my 75G, and there's nothing in there! lol

might somehow get past the water processing and come in through the tap water?

nvm, I read about them just scavenging of left over food which I have a bunch from my cycle. I hope they're planaria lol

google planaria and see if thats what they look like... from what ive read they arent harmful, but an indication that you feed too much, usually... with no fish in there, they must have come from somewhere else, did you put food in to start the cycle?

google planaria and see if thats what they look like... from what ive read they arent harmful, but an indication that you feed too much, usually... with no fish in there, they must have come from somewhere else, did you put food in to start the cycle?

Yeah, I put food in almost every day to keep the cycle going since its fishless. I heard they were harmless too.

yeah, thats probably what it is then... i wouldnt worry about them right now, now down the road if you still have them, it may be cause for concern, but with the tank still cycling, i wouldnt sweat it, unless somebody else on here knows something we dont lol

Back
Top Bottom