who is the murderer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokey11

Aquarium Advice Regular
Someone has been killing my shrimps! Is it the Colombian snail, dwarf puffer, clay fish or the flying fox?? What do you think?

ForumRunner_20121109_215234.jpg

Dwarf puffers will usually leave shrimp alone unless they are almost larger than the shrimp. But they are known to be extremely aggressive.

Wyomingite said:
What are clay fish? Not familiar with that name for anything.

My first guess would be the puffer, but curious what the others are.

WYite

My guess is typo for crayfish

My guess is the crayfish. They will eat anything they can get ahold of (even if its bigger than them) and shrimp would be a likely target.

im guessing the dwarf puffer. my cray never touched the shrmp she was with(they were way too fast)

IMO, those are not good tankmates for small shrimp. You could even have more than 1 shrimp killer. I would just skip shrimp in the tank rather than mess with trying to figure out what happened to them. Also, don't know what kind of cray you have, but they are generally not a good combo with fish if you want everybody to stay alive.

My guess is typo for crayfish

:oops: I wasn't thinkin' along those lines, and didn't put 2 and 2 together. Ya never know what trade name fish may go by in different places, and was rackin' my brain tryin' to figure it out.

+1 for the crayfish. But it may not be just one "murderer", it may be the puffer and the crayfish pickin' off shrimp. I know my dwarf puffers would pick at anything their size or smaller.

WYite

Back
Top Bottom