who is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hadvisor

Aquarium Advice Regular
I dont know much about the different types of fish. Any references to books sites ect would be great.
Who is this guy-he is nasty to the other fish.(sorry about the bad pic. Any suggestions with using sony mvc-fd87?) Darts and chases all the other fish. If I get a couple more of that kind, will he settle down a bit?
Sorry if this is an easy one!
Thanks

I fyou're meaning the black fish, yes, it's a black molly. They're pretty easygoing, and although it may be chasing the other fish, it won't harm them. It looks like you have swords and neons in there as well- they should all get along together.

As far as its calming down with others, probably not, but then again, it might! Sorry, no help there! I was thinking that if you had one of the opposite sex they might be preoccupied with each other, but that's no guarantee. It's impossible to tell from the photo which sex this one is.

Six

Definetly a Black Mollie. Hard to tell by the picture to what sex it is.
Get another Mollie of different sex and it should leave everybody else alone.

I tend to agree with the above posts, a black mollie is what it is.
Having had mollies myself I did notice that, although they are peaceful fish, if you get a mismatch of sexes they do tend to gang up and attack each other. I had one black sailfin mollie male and two sailfin females, and the one femail kept attacking the other. 8O I always thought it was if you had too many males and not enough females.

Determine the sex first and then it would be easier to assist.
It looks like it could be a male, but could be wrong. Do you have any other mollies?

Back
Top Bottom