Who to add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fermelmehue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We just lost our well-loved betta this morning due to a probable accidental overfeeding. (I wasn't home when he was discovered and my husband didn't know what to look for.) He'd been acting a little odd for a day or two, but I didn't see any physical signs of anything wrong.

Anyway, I did a 25% water change to handle the slight ammonia spike, as I've got 4 amano shrimp and 3 otocinclus in there and I want them to stay alive.

The tank has only been inhabited since October, after completing a fishless cycle. My water parameters have always been very good (0/0/0-5ppm) and even the otocinclus are thriving in there, so I know that didn't kill my poor betta.

I already miss my betta, and once the ammonia is back to 0ppm I'd like to add another fish (or more) to the tank.

So, who to add?

The tank is a 10 gallon with moss balls and anacharis, heater, and mongo sponge filter.

What else could I try without overcrowding the tank? I wouldn't mind another betta but I also wouldn't mind something different if I thought I could handle it.

2 younger female betta's. At the store pick 2 out and put them side by side to see if they flare, if not then you should be good. Let them float side by side in the tank for a few hours and add them at same time. Or some neon tetras are a lot of color too. Up to you.

Back
Top Bottom