Who uses a Python?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PicassoM

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i'm looking for another option outside of filling a bucket, waiting 24 hours, adding dechlorinater to the water. I just found out about the Python product.

For removing debris this looks awesome. The only issue I see is the water refill. It has you add tap water directly to the tank. Of course you can add dechlorinator directly to the tank but I'm not sure how safe that is.

So i'm curious who uses this thing and if tap water is reasonable would you follow the directions as they advertise for the product?

No Spill Clean & Fill Python Productss

Thanks

I use one for all my tanks and I couldn't imagine keeping fish without it! I clean my tanks with it, dose my Prime (dechlorinator) for the ENTIRE volume of the tank, and match the temp of the water and fill it up! Not much to it if you ask me.

This was the best $30 I ever spent. I mean it. I also treat the tank with my prime then fill her up.

I use one for all my tanks and I couldn't imagine keeping fish without it! I clean my tanks with it, dose my Prime (dechlorinator) for the ENTIRE volume of the tank, and match the temp of the water and fill it up! Not much to it if you ask me.

Same here.

walmart has the "lees" brand for about $25 IIRC. That's where I got mine. My poor python is on its last leg. I've had it going on 2 years now, and the constant on and off from the sink (metal vs plastic) has caused threads to strip resulting in a stream of water against the kitchen wall :(

That said, I can't even imagine doing water changes (50% weekly) on my 125 and 150 with buckets!

Mine has had a stream of water coming out for a while. I wrap a kitchen towel around the seal after it is tight, once wet it clings and the water drips down into the sink instead of going horizontal.

If pythons didn't exist, I wouldn't keep fish. Absolutely essential.

Like you said, it's great for cleaning up debris too. Since I use pool sand, which is rather coarse, it doesn't suck it up either. Great tool.

I add tap directly to the tank. I take the water out first of course, add dechlorinator, test the new water temp with my hand, and then start putting it in the tank. I haven't went wrong yet. It's simple, rather quick (20 minutes for a 60 gallon), and effective.

I don't even have to feel the incoming water anymore. I've got to the point where I can tell when I get the right temp. It's hard to explain, but on my faucet, if I turn the water all the way hot and get it steaming, then turn it down to a comfortable temp, I just keep going until I feel the water go from warm to a chill. Once it hits that chill spot, I know I'm at 78. For safe measure, I do check it as its coming in the tank to feel for a difference, but it's always right.

Tim, I think I"m just going to get a new one anyways. My 125 is too far from the sink to reach with my python, so I need both the tubing and the faucet piece. It's only $25 anyways.

Got one too and it's the best tool for PWCs. Like said, you can get cheaper versions too which I heard works fine like Lee's and Aqueon versions.

Back
Top Bottom