Who uses a sump with freshwater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marie74

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 125g reef ready tank, however I have discovered the hard way that I am not a good reefkeeper.
The 125 is already plumbed through the wall into a sump.. and since I already know that I can maintain a FW tank, I will convert it to freshwater...
I'm thinking planted...

Are you referring to a sump filter? If so, I say go for it. Many FW tanks are kept with a sump type of filter.

Yes. We made a 55g into a sump/refugium for the 125g when it was a reef.

I am sure my LFS has sumps on their tanks. 3 tanks which run down to one sump at the bottom. So should be OK? :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a couple of LFS tank systems in the fishroom that I run as FW tanks. They are basically stacked 75 gallons with a large sump underneath. You can definitely run your tank FW if that is what you want to do. Careful with your lighting, however- the intensity you might have had on your reef tank is most likely going to be way overkill for even a lot of planted setups.

FW or SW when you get a big tank with big fish you have no choice but to run a sump or I would need 30+ fx5s on my tank

Back
Top Bottom