Who uses the Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are a lot of different threads depending on the faucet (it comes with some adapters, but not necessarily the one you need). Also, bathroom sinks vary in depth... some may not be deep enough for the ~3-4" faucet attachment. I used to use one, I had to get an adapter from the hardware store (about $.50) to go from the aerator threads to the garden hose threads that it takes. Once I figured out that I could save water, I stopped using the faucet attachment and just use a standard water hose for filling. I drain the tanks in to a bathtub, sink, outside... whatever is closest/most convenient.

I just have it on the top floor of my house and the ONLY place to get water is the sink/tub but the tub has an older facet and its a Square shape so the sink would have to do,. theres no threading on my Facet so how would something attach to it? or do I have to remove some part of the facet to use it?

On the bottom of the faucet, there should be an aerator you can remove. They're usually hard to get off if it's an older faucet. It's got a mesh like thing on it that the water comes through... There should be threads that it threads on to. If you take that aerator to lowes or home depot, they usually have a little station with various threads you can try... get one that will screw on to the faucet with those threads, and a male 3/4" garden hose thread on the other. You can use either a water changer, or just a $10 water hose from walmart.

On the bottom of the faucet, there should be an aerator you can remove. They're usually hard to get off if it's an older faucet. It's got a mesh like thing on it that the water comes through... There should be threads that it threads on to. If you take that aerator to lowes or home depot, they usually have a little station with various threads you can try... get one that will screw on to the faucet with those threads, and a male 3/4" garden hose thread on the other. You can use either a water changer, or just a $10 water hose from walmart.

ty very much, Id like to do it cheaper but Id still have to siphon out buckets of water if using a hose wouldnt I?

mfdrookie516 said:
No, you can use it to siphon out of the tank in to a bathtub, toilet, out the window/door... works wonderfully.

At the risk of sounding stupid I am going to ask how to do this. My b/f hates the fact I have to run the faucet to siphon out the tank. When I asked him if we could get the siphon started and shut the water off he said no you have to have to water running for suction. Maybe I am misunderstanding something?

once you get the siphon going you should be able to turn the water off and let the siphon action drain your tank.

to get it going without the faucet, just open the valves on the water changer and blow through the top (the part that screws onto the sink) until water starts running out.

I bought it $2 adapter from ace to attach it to my shower pipe.

Also, does blowing on the top work? I would think it would be easier to remove the entire adapter thingy and suck on the tube the old fashioned way.

blowing through the top is basically the same as sucking on the hose. lol at sillygirl, i think you will be ok. my buddy does it on his 50 ft python and he has no experience.

nottooslow said:
blowing through the top is basically the same as sucking on the hose. lol at sillygirl, i think you will be ok. my buddy does it on his 50 ft python and he has no experience.

****Rofl***** He has no experience that you know of :)
Anyway, I'll try it and let you know of my experience

I just hook up the hose, turn the faucet on until it fills the hose, turn it off, kink, unhook, then the water in the hose creates the siphon.

Oh wow...I guess that would work well that saves me a lot of money beings the pythons are like 50$+

Back
Top Bottom