Who Wants puffers?? I Want Puffers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your doing a species only tank I would go with figure 8. Tank. Spotted puffers should have full marine when adults. Figure 8s usually don't need full marine just brack, although some people say different. You could do a tank of 3 of the.

Figure 8s need a salinity of 1.005-1.008

Spotted puffers should start at 1.010-1.017 but should increase gradually throughout its life

They both should be fine in a species only tank

Salinity of 1.005 sg is best for figure 8 puffers. I would stick with dwarf puffers since you can use freshwater and might be able to keep multiple specimens

Salinity of 1.005 sg is best for figure 8 puffers. I would stick with dwarf puffers since you can use freshwater and might be able to keep multiple specimens

Don't they max out at 1" or something? I would like a bigger puffer the same lfs locally has some dwarfs and they teeny tiny little things

Red eyed puffers are another FW option, although they are pretty rare. Also avocado puffers.

Dwarfs are the easiest freshwater puffer to find t all the others are pretty hard to find. Figure 8s and spotters are pretty easy to find as we'll.

Not my fish. First one is the red eye second one is the avocado

Attachments

• image-4062085519.jpg
    image-4062085519.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 34
  • image-3085869801.jpg
    image-3085869801.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom