Whoa! Messy Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now all we need to do is come up with a clean up team:
1 dozen cherry shrimp and 2 dozen MTS

Brings new meaning to dirty jobs!

coolchinchilla said:
TwoHobbies said:
Oh,and sorry I can't compete with you guys this time. I only have little poop fish.

LOL! "little-poop" fish can have a poop-off too. Just like boxers or wrestlers have the "heavy weight" and "light weight" categories, so can our poop-off. So it would be platys against mollies, corys against otos, danios against rainbows. 8)

oh my oto would give most small fish a run for their money. And since my platies are absolutely huge they do pretty well themselves.... I am beginning to see why my substrate always looks like the scene of a big pooping party... what's with my fish?

Hence my gravel vac post.

I just came back from a lfs and couldn't believe how clean their bottoms were. I vac once a week but something's going on.
Why am I still talking about fish poop? At least its not saturday night.

I posted exactly the same question about 2 - 3 weeks ago because I was surprised by how much poop was coming out of the little BN and Clown plecs Id just brought home! :)

I found it slowed down after about a week or so. Baring in mind thats two little catfish with 600 ltrs of tank to swim about and eat algae in.

I was shocked out how much waste my clown plecs produce. I couldn't believe that such a small fish could produce that much waste. Of course, having 3 of them in one tank may have something to do with it...

My common pl*co could have left almost any challenger in the dust when he had intestinal worms making his poop stringy and mucousy and profuse. Were are talking about 36-48" in one night, sometimes in only one piece. It didn't break down much at all. I used a turkey baster to pull it out every morning and evening. Glad I got him over that (and I bet you're all glad you clicked on this thread).

Back
Top Bottom