Who's the Betta experts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FiremanB72

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was at the pet store yesterday, window shopping; there was a pretty female Betta in a tiny little cup. She is now a part of my community. I have a 25 gallon with 5 Serpae's, 4 Neon's and 2 Molly's. They've all made their introductions, she's explored the tank and everyone is getting along. Being my first Betta, should I have added her to a community tank? Should I move her to her own home? Should I get her a mate or 2 (female; I do know that much)?

Female bettas are pretty docile when small. As they age though they can become as aggressive as males. Keep a watchful eye and if she starts bullying is give her her own tank.

Caleb

I would put her in a 5 gal tank at least. I have my female betta since I got her 9 months a go in a 5.5 gal tank. I decorated it nicely she has one real plant the rest are silk. I have one decorated glass log and a glass type barrel she can go in. Plus I got her a betta log that floats on top of the water. She also has one silk plant that kinda looks like jungle she can hide in. She is very happy and healthy. Plus I have a Moss ball. Make sure you do a fish less cycle. I grant it to the success of her health. My prior betta didn't make it due to me not doing it and had a lot tank problems.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had a female betta in my 16g for quite a while now. She's actually much more active now than when she was in a smaller tank alone.

So it's been 2 weeks since the betta was added. She seems to be doing well. Except for 1 bout of bloated belly. I added a couple of peas and she's back to normal. She's made a home in the cave of a fake rock formation. She will periodically look out and if she sees one of us, immediately swims to the surface.

I would say just keep an eye on her if there isn't an issue of bullying don't worry about it betas are often great community fish it's with their own that their aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom