Whose eggs are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnarmedCrayon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In our community tank we have cories, serpae tetra, nerite snails, Amano shrimp, a single electric blue ram and a single dwarf gourami. Any idea who these lil white specs ( I assume are eggs) belong too? They are all over my drift wood and a few on the glass. No one seems to be eating them. Btw, the snails are in the pic, but that wood is usually shrimp territory, the snail go all over the tank.

Attachments

• image-3869602137.jpg
    image-3869602137.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 91
Oh, thank you. I got nerites cause i read they didn't reproduce in freshwater, didn't realize they would still lay eggs..... Man, there are a lot of them.... Good thing they won't hatch..... Will my other fish and shrimp eventually find them and remove them for me? Or should I plan on haveing to pull the wood and scrub them off from time to time?

I've had them lay tons of eggs all over my driftwood and decor, and even the tank glass. Nothing that I'm aware of will eat the eggs, so if they annoy you, you'll probably have to pull out decor and scrub. :)

Back
Top Bottom