why.....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover9000

Aquarium Advice Freak
As some of you may know, i recieved a 55g yesterday with 2 kissing gourami.

when i got home i put them in a 15g so i can setup the new 55g.
The smaller kisser was laying on its side....
i called the women who i got it from and asked her how long she had the 2 GIANT kissers in a gallon bucket!

SHE SAID 2 1/2 HOUR!!!! BUT SHE SAID ITS OK SINCE SHE PUT FOOD IN.......:shocked!::shocked!:

Thanks to that stupid action the smaller one died today....

how can people have fish for 5 years and not know that keeping a fish the size of a gallon in a gallon pot with no heater for 2 1/2 hrs will die! there was 2 in there!

i just want to know.....

why?

I agree, 2 1/2 hours shouldn't cause them to die. When we moved 2 hours away (total time from take down to set up, about 6 hours) we had all the fish in rubbermaid containers. The fish could have previously been ill or the move was too stressful for him.

realy? let me get a pic of how big the one left is and how big the container was

they should have had atleast a 10g container to put two that size in, not a 2qt kool-aid dispenser.

because she thought she was keeping them more at home, its very common, used to see it all the time when I worked at a LFS before deathco banned us.

She should have put a small amount of prime in there for them

also maybe the container was washed with soap and that could of been a problem plus no Air, when you get fish from LFS they either add Air in or bag it so you get 75% air, 25% water. I hope this makes sense

Yea.. it stinks that one died but I don't think that's what killed them. Possibly the shock of going in the 15g.. water parameters and temp being different, lots of possibilities.

I agree with Mud. It could have been any number of things. Acclimation, already a weak fish, shock, etc. If it was contamination the other fish should be showing ill signs. 2 hours isn't that long to be in a container of that size. Should they have been in larger? Yes. But it just doesn't seem like the likely culprit.

Back
Top Bottom