WHY!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zephyr

Aquarium Advice Freak
WHY DOES EVRYONE HERE SAY STUFF LIKE
and it was only 25 gal
I WOULD KILL TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD THAT SIZED AQUARIUM WITH ALL ITS EQUIPMENT. THINK URSELFS LUCKY EH! I CANT AFFORD NEMORE THAN 10GALLONS! MY PARENTS SAY I HAVE TO BUY IT ALL MY SELF AND I DONT WANT TO USE EVERYBIT OF MONEY I EARN TO PURCHASE STUFF FOR MY AQUARIUM, I LIKE TO GO OUT WITH MY FRIENDS AND BUY OTHER TRINKETS! JUST REMINISCE UPON THE DAYS WHEN U WERE 14 AND THEN SAY, WOW, ITS KOOL I ACTUALLY HAVE A HUGE AQUARIUM. SHUT UP AND DONT SOUND LIKE SPOILED RICH PEEPS.
THANKYOU
JUSTIN :x

:(

Justin,
You don't have to shout. We've all been there. My SW tank is a 10 gal and I'm 34 yrs old, married, and have three kids. Nobody means to offend when they say stuff like that and no one here thinks you are not part of the "in" crowd because you don't have a tank the size of a swimming pool. The thing is, smaller tanks are harder to keep...you really have to stay on top of things with them. Reefrunner, who is one of the site admins, has a 20 gal SW tank that is beautiful. Lots of us, who have been keeping fish for years (I feel old right now :) ), are amazed at some of the things others can do with small tanks. Try not to be too sensitive to remarks like the one you quoted...they are not meant in a bad way. Enjoy your 10g and learn from it...you'll find that being able to keep a small tank successfully will prepare you very well when it's time to set up the big one. If you haven't posted pics, I'm sure we would all like to see some.
Logan J
BTW...My 10g is all my budget allows for at the moment too.

Sorry for my outburst of unrational anger, i feel pritty immature. just sum people can be so (i cant think of the word, use ur imagination :wink: ). My tanks still cycling and needs stuff done so i'll hav to wait to post piccys.
thanx
justin

:)

Don't worry about it. Happens to us all. Keep us posted on your progress and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. Pretty sure you will be successful as long as you're willing to ask anything you don't know and have the patience to wait on the tank to do it's thing...that's the hardest part.
Logan J

Well I cant recall the exact post you quoted that text from but I have to wonder if it comes across out of context with out some more of the inital message. I cant thing of anytime that any of our members have made comments in such a manor to belittle someone for their tank size.

I can tell you that I personaly would LOVE to have tons of $ to spend on my tanks. But the truth is that we all have a budget. I cant think of to many people on this site or on any site that has the cash to walk out and purchase a fully stocked and equiped system all at once. Many of us look at our monthly budgets and penny pinch for months to build up the components for their tanks. For example on my 80 gal tank I had it for over 1 year siting in my basement dry because I could not afford anything extra.

Each and every tank is special to me so I am glad to have you here as an active member and would love to hear about your progress in this wonderful hobby.

Hey Zephyr, I totally agree with logan and freek.

I didn't start tanks till 19, and didnt get a bigger tank til 24 or so.
Enjoy your 10, they are still cool tanks!

Also, enjoy the heck out of your teenage years, they go by really fast!
Not pretending to know your life, but 14-17 were really tough on me!

It's OK you yelled at us once, after all you apologized too. If you do it again though, I'll come all the way to Australia to kick your butt! Just a joke, dude, just a joke!

Please stick around we like having you here!

Well the way I look at it is 25 gall is nothing compared to the cost of our
72 gallon

but corvuscorax is right about the ten gall I have two but one sprung a leak so I transfered the fish to a 33 gall that i bought for 300. bucks Canadian,

the thing i find easy with larger tanks is to be patient
you never know when you'll run into a good deal on a second hand in the bargin hunter, or classifieds etc,
and when you finally upgrade your tank size you'll find fishkeeping alot easier than caring for you 10 gall.
And another thing there is nothing wrong with a 10 gallon tank in my opinion.
Chris

I can relate, im 14 too, I NEVER got my 46 gallon bowfront reef, I saved up for 6 months, research for hours, and still have my 10 gallon. On top of that, when my tank got ICK, and all my fish died, I didnt have the money to start over, I need a car, so I threw two fire bellied toads in it and made the best of the situation. I love my aquarium, I love going to the movies and spending money. But you gotta set your priorities, gimme an IM at D9HP on AIM if you have it, love to talk to young fellow reefers, even though I guess im just a wanna be

hey d9hp,
i was gonna get a 50gallon amazon tank, i saved up an all but it could n't hav been able to afford everthing i needed, specially the heaters and filter. dont hav AIM
but i do hav MSN messenger if ya have it? k catya :twisted:
:yum:

Justin,

Have you tried the classified section of the newspaper or ads in the lfs for used equipment? I have seen some really great deals available. Often you can get the entire set up and even the fish for the same price that you'd pay the lfs for just the tank. I'm really thinking about buying used if I get a breeder tank. I figure that even if some of the equipment is broken or will need replaced in a year, it's still a great deal. Or even Ebay. Look for auctions that are local to your area where you can go look at the tank and pick it up yourself if you are the winning bid.

Ideally I'd like to see the tank hold water before I bought it, but sometimes that's not possible as the owner has taken the tank down.

Same with me, I could afford the tank and stand no problem, but the LR and LS and sump and skimmer and heater and LIGHTS O MY. My day will come no doubt. I will remain a research junkie in the hobby and love to hear about new info.

thanx for all your comments. My cycle has finally finished a few days ago and my bolivian rams came in yesterday. I bought them straght away and they are great! Ones 4 cm (1.5inch)ther 5cm(1.9inch)couldn't help buying three 5.5cm(2.1inch)kuhli loachs always wanted them too! They are blackish brown, without the stripes and they are just lik little snakes! there like so skinny with the tinyest heds(i'm worried bout them eating there that small!) I'm rapped! i got some wiseria and this stalk plant with star shaped leaves at the top. i'm currently soaking a mauri root! Everthing has finnally come 2gether and i'm happy! i swapped my 4cm jack dempsey(cycler) for my bros pepper cory aswell. i'm sorry for ne one i have offend by my earlier post. i hate converting cms to inchs! :twisted: :yum:

i seriously research heps aswell, i lik no the names of so many freshwater fish(cichlids get me) even sum of there scientific names! Well i rekon thats pritty good. An i no quite a bit bout the freshwater hobby, but salt is very much not me. too expensive! way too expensive. i was finking bout nano reef once, but too much for that too! an my parents wont give me no money, bit of a stinge i rekon :twisted:
well bye
justin
by the way, r u a boy or girl d9hp

Back
Top Bottom