Why are fish not using the cave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisharefriends4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just bought my fish and they have settled really well. The only thing is they are exploring the tank lots but wont go inside the car cave i have in there they go near it and swim round it but not inside, why is this?:fish2:

What kind of fish are they? Some fish will hide more then others

Give it time, when i put a ship on mine, none of them went in for a while, but now they love it.
Only my red eye tetras that never went inside it or the cave that i have too..

Ok thank you, i was wondering if it was becasue they wern't settled enough yet. Didnt want them to be unhappy. :(

Is it big enough for them to move around in it? Sometimes they wont go in it if its not big enough.

NYgiantsRP said:
Is it big enough for them to move around in it? Sometimes they wont go in it if its not big enough.

in my experience .. black Moors wont hide inside of things unless the opening is 2x bigger than them and the inside has AMPLE swimming room ...

my Moor and telescope prefer to hide in live plants ( and sometime have a nibble for a snack :) )

ime it seems like only rock dwelleing cichlid like those small tight caves. most fish want it a little bigger haha

Yeah, its not that small its big enough for them to go in and explore but maybe its just there not settled yet

Back
Top Bottom